Quotes To Live By - Rachel Ellen

Thursday 12 May 2016

Quotes To Live By


Now I'm not one of these people who posts, inspirational, fitspirational posts that mean nothing all day long. But there a few small quotes that I find important.

Firstly, this is by Conficius a "Chinese teacher, editor, politician and philosopher of the Spring and Autumn Period of Chinese History" according to Wikipedia:

"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones"
 
Of course, I'm not trying to move any mountains, but when you feel like you're not achieving much, in life, in education, in your career, in whatever you're doing, it's easy to forget that the little things matter. You might still be building up to your goal.

Next is a quote that's been hanging around on the internet for a long time, a quote by Yoko Ono:





I feel it's a reminder to not be constrained by your age, I'm 22, some 22 years olds have successful businesses, it doesn't mean I am any less than them, my goals might be reached when I'm older, because who says there's a time constraint anyway.

I think "time is a concept that humans created" is something that can stand alone from the rest of the quote, time isn't everything, just let life happen and stop expectations getting in your way. 

Lastly, is a bit of an odd quote, it's actually something I saw on Tumblr a while back and I didn't realise it was from a cartoon strip



The impression I get from meditation is that it'd give you the same feeling as looking at the stars, freedom (apart from when you try to grasp the size of space and your head starts to hurt, that's when you've seen a little too much of the night sky for one night)

How do you feel about these quotes? Is there any quotes you like to think about?

Thanks for reading,

Rachel xx

2 comments:

  1. I really love the first one and the second one! But I can't get my head round the third, love quotes and stuff, my tumblr is usually full of them haha! Love your blog Rach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you :) that third on is just my way of thinking, in the grand scheme of things, does my problem really matter? Thank you little lady xxx

      Delete

@templatesyard