Reasons I Hate the Hairdressers - Rachel Ellen

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Reasons I Hate the Hairdressers

I usually try and be quite positive on my blog, nobody needs a moany person in their lives but this post felt like a necessity.

I've never been one for getting my haircut every 6 weeks, so my (usually) yearly haircut tends to bring more dread every year. These are just a few of the reasons why I dislike the hairdressers.

Before I begin can I clarify that I haven't actually had any traumatic experiences at a hairdressers, and they have never been anything less than lovely.

1. The Phonecall - The first problem, actually ringing up and booking the appointment - I am still at the age where I feel like my mum should do these things for me, but at 20 unfortunately that isn't the case anymore (even though I got my boyfriend to book my last hairdressers appointment but let's pretend I didn't)




2. The Decision - Deciding what to get done, do I get a completely different style, colour (let's not be silly I can't afford that!), just a trim, get rid of it all, fringe, no fringe... all these possibilities all up to me. And let me tell you, taking a picture of a celebrity to the hairdresser doesn't make you look like said celebrity (many years of teenage disappointment that I am still not Hayley Williams)




3. The Grand Entrance - the look on the hairdressers face when they get a good look at your hair after you haven't been for a year


found on google images
4. Fighting Back The Tears -  The fact that I'm a massive wimp, I'm really head sore and always have been so I can't think of much worse than someone ragging a comb through my uncut hair full of knots and split ends ouch!

5. The Hairdresser Talk -  and the worry that comes before it. Knowing this chat is coming for some reason makes me forget anything even remotely interesting about myself/what I've done/what I'm going  to be doing. And really, I don't want a stranger to know the details of my life, and I don't want to know the details of theirs. I am very impressed they can keep conversations going with strangers all day though.

6. The Regret - once they've already made the first cut. what've I done?



7. The Finishing touches - When you can tell it's definitely not what you wanted. Did you describe it wrong? Did they not understand? Were you picturing something different (reference to point 2, Hayley Williams is not looking back at you)




8. The Mirror Behind the Head - so does that look ok?
      8.1. I can hardly say "no, put that hair around my feet back on my head"
      8.2. If you suffer with bad eyesight, like me, there's not a chance you can see yourself                in the first mirror, never mind a mirror behind you, just smile and agree.
     8.3. How hopeful the hairdresser's face is that they've done a good job



9. The Payment - what do you mean that much for a trim?! I could have done that myself! but begrudgingly handing over your well earned money.

10. The Aftermath - Not getting compliments on your newly trimmed hair - because you were too much of a wimp to get anything new and your hair actually doesn't look any different.



Maybe it's only me that gets so traumatised by hairdressers appointments but I like to think other people struggle with this as well

Thanks for reading

Rachel xx

No comments:

@templatesyard