Making Egg Fried Rice - Rachel Ellen

Friday 14 March 2014

Making Egg Fried Rice

Today's blog post will be about one of the easiest tastiest recipes I have found and how I adapt it to my own. Egg fried rice. Now I am HORRIBLE at cooking so for me to get this right is encouraging for anyone cooking!

BBC Food - the link to the original recipe.

You can see that recipe is to serve four, I usually try and make this to serve two, it's quite an easy to alter recipe.

It says on the BBC recipe to cook and cool your rice before frying it, I usually like to cook it during the day and leave it to cool down itself. But it also works to run the rice under cold water after cooking. 

I won't guide you through the whole recipe because there is a much clearer version on the BBC link. 

If you want this to be a more filling meal though it's very easy to put chicken in. Before frying the rice I like to use frozen chicken strips but fresh chicken would also work. Fry them off in the frying pan and make sure they are cooked/defrosted through. I like to add any veg in at this stage to soften it a little, the recipe suggests putting the veg in after the rice but that is up to you. 

I like to add soy sauce while the rice is frying until it is roughly the colour of the rice below.





And then I follow the recipe from here.

After the initial cooking of the rice the frying takes about 5 minutes, super quick, tasty AND quite cheap. I'm not sure if it's actually very good for you but it stops you ordering everything you usually would at a Chinese take away.

I hope some of you try it out and enjoy it!!

Thanks for reading

Rachel xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm also horrible at cooking, so easy recipes are perfect! Think I'll try it sometime when I'm alone first though. If I ask if my help is needed in the kitchen I'm usually told that my best help is to stay away ;) x

    http://lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult to do the egg in the same pan as the rice so sometimes I do it in a separate pan and mix it after. I always look for the easiest recipes! Pot noodles or something haha! Xx

      Delete

@templatesyard