Festival Fashion - America vs. Britain - Rachel Ellen

Sunday 17 April 2016

Festival Fashion - America vs. Britain


Every time Coachella comes around it makes me laugh so much, number 1, do these celebrities just walk around dressed up because that's all I see people doing on pictures. Number 2, is there actually any music there as I never hear anybody talk about the line up or see any live videos! Number 3, all the news stories about being the most fashionable festival, that's great and they all look amazing, but the thought of wearing some of their trends at British Festivals (especially at places like Leeds) send a shiver down my spine.

Here's a short list of looks that I think it would be unlikely to see at a cold wet British Festival:

1. Alessandra Ambrosio -  I'm concerned you'll catch your death out there if you were up at Leeds Fest. Although actually wearing a jacket of some form does help!


2. Kylie Jenner -  I so admire her for looking so confident in something like that but can you imagine the wind on you in England with that sheer material, and if/when it got rained on to, it'd be like wet tights and is there anything worse? Also, heels in mud, you'd be so stuck with no way of getting out! Unless they work like studs on football boots!




3. Gigi Hadid - a white long dress at a festival spells disaster to me, you'd barely make it out of your tent before you were splattered with mud.



4. Kendall Jenner -  can we really discuss Coachella without multiple mentions of the Jenner/Kardashian clan? A teeny tiny lace top doesn't feel like it will give you much support while your dancing away or when you find yourself in the middle of a mosh pit or the wall of death (do they have those in America?)



5. Vanessa Hudgens - does she do anything but go to Coachella? What does she do the rest of the year? Anyway, let's look at her footwear choices (that actually most people are similar). Sandals? Can you imagine how quickly you'd have got them stuck in 6 inches of mud and totally given up on them. As for bare feet, in the mud sounds fantastic, until you remember that mud is actually likely to be freezing and you'd end up with frost bite!


6. Ellie Goulding - although I think she was performing, even then I think white trainers would be a terrible idea, once again because of the mud! I can't think of any other foot wear I would wear other than wellies to a UK festival!



I feel British festival fashion has to be a totally different style! I think my favourite outfit I've come across is definitely this from Gigi Hadid, the chains on the belt, the jacket style and colour, her hair and her so subtle make up!



On the other hand, giving some British festival traditions to Coachella would be incredible *ALAN, STEVE!*

Is there any other trends that you think just aren't relateable to British festivals?

Thanks for reading,

Rachel xx

No comments:

@templatesyard