A January full of memories - Rachel Ellen

Thursday 1 February 2018

A January full of memories


February has come around once again. For the past couple of weeks I've seen people complain about how long January has been and how they can't wait for it to be over, and yet I've had an amazing month filled with fun things.

(I've still been in work on the weekdays, with NHS winter pressures making everything mad and busy, but that hasn't distracted from my weekends)

I started January celebrating the new year in Edinburgh, the fireworks were great, the city is gorgeous and it was a lovely break away.




The second weekend was my best friends birthday, and though it wasn't a trip away to Scotland it was still fun.

The third, I graduated from my masters degree. The graduation itself was, of course, exciting, but nothing compared to the excitement of seeing all my uni friends together again and revisiting our favourite pub, The Red Deer.


The fourth weekend, my friend and I booked a spa hotel in Leeds. It wasn't any occasion, but that made it feel even better that we just treated ourselves because we wanted to. W



AND the fifth weekend (maybe this was a long month) I got to see my uni friends AGAIN and we celebrated Burn's night, hopefully a tradition for many years to come.



I get that this post was very self-indulgent, but that's what I hoped for it to be. An update on me, about all the fantastic things I've had chance to do last month, and a bank of memories. Though social media can be overwhelming at times, the fact I can scroll through any of my profiles and see so many smiling faces is special.

As the month came to a close though, I got insured on my mums car, I joined a gym and I decided I would do dry February - sometimes real life hits all at once. But, I am excited for what is to come this month, just because I'm not drinking doesn't mean I have to miss out on the fun things I would normally do, I just get to miss out on the hangovers.

Thanks for reading,

Rachel xx





No comments:

@templatesyard